Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Country Queen Taylor Swift


Country SingerTaylor Swift
Hi, I'm Taylor. I love the number 13. I was born in December on a Christmas tree farm. I like imagining what life was like hundreds of years ago. I have blurry eyesight. My favorite thing in life is writing about life, specifically the parts of life concerning love. Because, as far as I'm concerned, love is absolutely everything.

I'm easily excited, thrilled, scared, and shocked. I'm 23 now, but I never stopped jumping up and down when something wonderful happens. My biggest fear is getting bad news. Or, letting someone down. I really love showing people what I meant when I wrote a song, so my shows are very theatrical. I knock on wood constantly. I have a cat named Meredith. She's named after my favorite character on Grey's Anatomy, and she's fantastic. I live in Nashville, a magical land where 99% of the people are friendly and courteous drivers who let you in and don't honk at you.

Country Queen Taylor SwiftI go into a trance when I'm in an antique store. I don't like it when something or someone turns out to be different than what you originally thought. Like when you're shopping and you find a really cute dress, only to realize it’s actually a strange jumpsuit situation. But I mostly don't like it when it happens with people. I love my friends and I'm always making new ones. I don't really think you can ever stop making new friends or learning about as many new things as possible. I also don't think you should ever take life so seriously that you forget to play.

Music has taken me all over the world, but the fans are the reason it's been so magical. I'm so blown away by how nice they are to me. It's strange to feel so understood by such a large group of people, but I love it. For the last two years, I've been working on an album called Red. I called it that because of the tumultuous, crazy adventures in love and loss that

it chronicles. In my mind, when you experience love that's fast paced and out of control and mixes infatuation, jealousy, frustration, miscommunication, and all of those lovely emotions… In retrospect, it all looks red.
I can't wait for so many things. But mostly I can't wait to see you, whether it's in a crowd or a coffee shop. Thank you for listening, showing up, reading, and taking such good care of me.

“I was the girl who didn’t get invited to parties. My friends turned into the girls who stood in the corner and talked about me. But as soon as I picked up a guitar…I literally played until my fingers bled. My mom had to tape them up, and you can imagine how popular that made me: “Look at her fingers. So weird”. But for the first time in my life, those girls could say anything they wanted about me, because I was just going to go home after school and write a song about it.“ - Taylor Swift

Childhood Taylor SwiftBirth Name
Taylor Alison Swift 
Nickname
Swifty 
T-Swizzle
Tay 
Height
5' 11" (1.80 m) 

Taylor Swift is an American country pop singer-songwriter. In 2006, she released her self-titled debut album, which was subsequently certified multi-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. She was nominated for the Best New Artist award at 50th Grammy Awards. In November 2008, she released her second album, Fearless, which won Album of the Year at the 52nd Grammy Awards.

Country Crooner
Country song writerTaylor SwiftSinger, songwriter, musician. Born Taylor Alison Swift on December 13, 1989, in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania. Swift spent her early years on her family's Christmas tree farm. Her grandmother had been a professional opera singer, and Swift soon followed in her footsteps. By the age of 10, Swift was singing at a variety of local events, including fairs and contests. She sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" at a Philadelphia 76ers game at the age of 11, and began writing her own songs and learning guitar at 12 years old.

To pursue her music career, Swift often visited Nashville, Tennessee, the country music capital. There she co-wrote songs, and tried to land a recording contract. Noting her dedication, Swift and her family moved to nearby Hendersonville, Tennessee, in an attempt to further Swift's career.

A stellar performance at The Bluebird Café in Nashville helped Swift get a contract with Scott Borchetta's Big Machine Records. She released her first single, "Tim McGraw," in 2006, and the song became a Top 10 hit on the country charts. It also appeared on her self-titled debut album in October of that same year, selling more than 2.5 million copies. More popular singles soon followed, including "Our Song," a No. 1 country music hit. "Teardrops on My Guitar," "Picture to Burn," and "Should've Said No" were also successful tracks.

In addition to commercial success, Swift received a lot of critical praise for her debut effort. She won the Horizon Award from the Country Music Association (CMA) and the Academy of Country Music Award for Top New Female Vocalist in 2007. Swift next released Sounds of the Season: The Taylor Swift Holiday Collection in 2007. Her renditions of "Silent Night" and "Santa Baby" were modest hits on the country charts.



Mini Biography
Country song and Taylor SwiftTaylor Swift is a multi-Grammy award-winning American singer/songwriter who, in 2010 and at the age of 20, became the youngest artist in history to win the Grammy Award for Album of the Year. In 2011, Swift was named Billboard's Woman of the Year. Additionally Swift has been named the American Music Awards Artist of the Year, as well as the Entertainer of the Year for both the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music, among many other accolades. As of this writing, she is also the top-selling digital artist in music history.

Swift is only beginning to emerge as an acting talent, having voiced the role of Audrey in the animated feature The Lorax (2012). She also made appearances in the theatrical release Valentine's Day (2010/I) and in an episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" (2000) She contributed two original songs to The Hunger Games (2012) soundtrack: "Safe & Sound featuring The Civil Wars" and "Eyes Open".

Born 13 December 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania, Swift spent most of her childhood on an 11 acre Christmas tree farm. Her family moved to Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, when she was age 9. 
Country Pop Singer Taylor SwiftAt age 12, Swift was shown by a computer repairman how to play three chords on a guitar, inspiring her to write her first song, "Lucky You". Swift's family moved to Nashville when she was age 14 as part of her father's job transfer. Once she was in Nashville, Swift secured an artist development deal with RCA Records. Swift left RCA Records when she was age 15 because she was ready to release an album using her own material, while RCA wanted her to record the work of other songwriters and wait until she turned 18 to release an album. At an industry showcase at Nashville's The Bluebird Café in 2005, Swift caught the attention of Scott Borchetta, a Dreamworks Records executive, who was in the process of forming independent label Big Machine Records. Swift was one of Big Machine's first signings.




In addition to winning the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 2010, Swift also took home the awards for Country Album of the Year, Best Country Song and Best Country Female Vocal Performance. Her six-time-platinum "Fearless" album is the most awarded album in country music history. Swift released her first-ever concert CD and DVD set, Taylor Swift: Speak Now World Tour Live (2011) (V) on November 21, 2011. Her fourth studio album is released in October 2012.


References:
http://taylorswift.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment